Congratulations to Dave on his retirement! For 43 years, Dave has been a leader of Local #375 and worked tirelessly in it's name. He has been an inspiration to not only our members but to many members throughout the International as well. While he will be missed as we move forward we wish him nothing but the best.
David graduated from Parkland High School in 1966 and from Kutztown University in 1970, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Earth & Space Sciences and a minor in Geography, and he also participated on the University Baseball team for two years. After graduation Dave was recruited by the Central Intelligence Agency as a Satellite Photo Imagery Analyst. While with the CIA he attended advanced training at Offutt Air Force Base of the Strategic Air Command in Omaha, Nebraska, where he was one of three to graduate from this course with honors out of a class of 70.
In 1970 David enlisted in the United States Army Reserve where he served as a 76Y30 - Supply & Armor Specialist and he received an Honorable Discharge with the rank of Specialist 4 in 1976.
Dave began as a first year apprentice in IBEW Local Union #375 in 1972. On July 1st, 1973 he was initiated as a new member joining his father Carson as a second generation member. Upon completion of the apprenticeship program, he became a Journeyman Wireman in 1976. During the past forty (40) years he has worked as an Apprentice, Journeyman Wireman, Assistant General Forman and General Foreman. When there was no work available in Local Union #375, he traveled and worked in seven other sister locals. His last position while working in the field was as General Foreman at the connective Power Plant Project.
Upon becoming a Journeyman Dave immediately took serving IBEW Local Union #375 seriously. The following is a list of his previous and current achievements:
- 6 years on the Audit Committee
- 36 years as a Vacation Fund Trustee
- 3 years as an Intermediate Journeyman Instructor
- 6 years as an MSHA instructor
- 11 years as an IBEW Comet Instructor
- Served on the Occupational Advisory Committees of four area Vocational-Technology Institutes
- Served as the Executive Advisor for the Lehigh Valley Pre-Apprenticeship Initiative
- 13 years as Political Co-coordinator and Registrar to the local
- Coordinated and served on numerous picket lines. Planned and coordinated numerous bus trips in support of PLA’s, Health Care and Solidarity Rallies in support of worker’s rights
- 12 years on the Labor Management Committee
- 9 years on Executive Board
- 9 years as Vice President
- 12 years as Local Union President
- Represented the local as a Delegate to the International Conventions in 1996, 2001, 2006 and 2011.
- Employed full-time as a Business Representative/Organizer and Assistant Business Manager
Along with his many positions and achievements he performed countless hours of community service through the local union, his church and youth sports associations, along with playing 2nd base for the locals Softball team.
In July 1997, Dave proudly looked on, as his son Steven was initiated into IBEW Local Union #375 becoming a third generation member.
While Dave has accomplished many things with IBEW Local Union #375, he is a very proud father of his daughter Laurie and son Steven and also five beautiful grandchildren.
Congratulations and Thank you Dave.