Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
UnionActive Newswire
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Apr. 25 (19:00)

IATSE Local B4
AA Negotiations Podcast
TWU Local 513
OSHA 10 CLASS OFFERED 4/27 & 4/28
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local Union 1205
TWU Local 513
Longmont FOP Lodge 6 - 2019 National Police Week Benefit Event
Colorado State Lodge F.O.P.
Limited Edition Jack Daniels Single Barrel FOP Commemorative Tennessee Whiskey Bottle
Colorado State Lodge F.O.P.
How to get Your Medals
Updated On: May 24, 2017

Lost or Damaged Military Medals
Can Be Replaced

Medals awarded while in active service are issued but he individual military service if requested by veterans or their next of kin. Request for replacement medals, decorations, and awards should be directed to the branch in which the veteran served. However, for Air Force (including Army Air Corp) and Army veterans, the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) verifies awards and forwards requests and verification to the services.

Requests for replacement medals should be submitted on Standard for 180, "Request Pertaining to Military Record," which may be obtained at VA offices or the Internet at Form, addresses and other information on requesting medals can be found on the Military Personnel Records section of NPRC's Website at

For questions, call Military Personnel Records at (314) 801-0800, or email questions to

If discharge or separation documents are lost, Veterans or the next of kin of deceased veterans may obtain duplicate copies through the eBenefits portal ( or by completing forms found on the Internet at and mailing or faxing them to the NPRC.

Alternatively, write the National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, On Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. Specify that a duplicate separation document is needed. Use Standard Form 180, "Request Pertaining To Military Records." It is not necessary to request a duplicate copy of a veteran's discharge or separation papers just to file a VA benefit claim.

The Secretary of a Military department, acting through a Board for Correction of Military Records, can change any military record to correct an error or remove an injustice. A correction board may consider applications for correction of a military record, including a review of a discharge issued by court-martial.

The veteran, survivor, or legal representative must file a request for correction within three years of discovering an alleged error or injustice. The board may excuse failure to file within this time, however, in the interest of Justice.

Application for a correction is made with DD Form 149


Contact Elected Officials!
<< April 2019 >>
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Weather Report
Member Login


Not registered yet?
Click Here to sign-up

Forgot Your Login?
April 25, 2019
Site Search
Site Map
RSS Feeds
IBEW Local 375
Copyright © 2019, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

Top of Page image